Webinar: VCP 2020 Legislative Advocacy Webinar
Monday, Jan 13, 2020
12:00pm – 1:00pm
Join us on January 13th at 12 – 1 PM for a Legislative Advocacy Training Webinar
Make your voice heard at the Statehouse this year!
This webinar is for board members, staff, standing committees, families and other people who support and/or use the services of designated and specialized service agencies. Participants will learn how to reach out, communicate and build relationships with our legislative representatives. Tips will be given to enable members of our community to feel comfortable sharing their personal stories and advocate for investment in our system of care.
- understand how the political process works
- how to access and use the legislative website
- prepare to participate in Mental Health Advocacy Day on January 30th and other advocacy events
- develop skills for communicating with legislators
- become familiar with the Vermont Care Partners Legislative Agenda
The trainers will be the Vermont Care Partners policy team: Dillon Burns, Director of Mental Health Services; Lynne Cleveland Vitzthum, Director of Developmental Disability Services; and Julie Tessler, Executive Director of VT Council of Developmental and Mental Health Services. Vermont Care Partners’ policy team has significant expertise about our system of care and many years of experience advocating on behalf of people who use community based services. Lynne formerly served as a state representative. The webinar format includes both instruction and dialog.
If you are not available at that date and time – you will be able to access a recording to use at a later date by emailing [email protected]
Immediately after registering, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for accessing the webinar via Zoom. Please search your junk mail if it does not appear, and then contact [email protected] if you do not receive this confirmation email.
What you need to know:
• Make sure that you place this webinar into your calendar – there will be no separate calendar invitation.
• Directions for use of Zoom are below. If you are not a frequent user of Zoom, please leave yourself a few minutes to get set up and connected before the webinar begins.
Please give yourself a few minutes prior to the start of the meeting to take the following steps.
When: Jan 13, 2020 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: VCP 2020 Legislative Advocacy Webinar
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16465588656,,171016834# or +17207072699,,171016834#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 720 707 2699
Webinar ID: 171 016 834
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/ad04YAWGSm