VCP Conference Materials
STEPPING FORWARD TOGETHER 2019:
Promoting Cultural Competence and Equity in Communities
Thursday, March 14, 2019
University of Vermont Davis Center in Burlington, Vermont.
SAVE THE DATE!!
Vermont Care Partners will be holding its annual conference to continue the discussion with national, regional, and local speakers about health disparities, cultural competence and ways we can improve our service delivery to all Vermonters. The 2018 conference was incredibly successful despite a blizzard and weather obstacles. People continue to ask for enhanced opportunities to learn more about and discuss the topics of racism, sexism, classism, ableism, cultural blindness, and ways that we can develop inclusive organizations and services in our state. Conference attendees will include: health and human services providers, economic service providers, first responders, educators, state officials, translators, and more.
Vermont Care Partners (VCP), representing 16 of the State’s Designated and Specialized Services Agencies, continues to work closely together with the Vermont Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Program (LEND) at the University of Vermont College of Medicine, the University of Vermont Center on Disability and Community Inclusion, and the Vermont Agency of Human Services to present this important opportunity
- Promote practices and approaches to service delivery that support inclusion of all people
- Present practices and approaches to organizational development that promote inclusion of all people
- Educate about the current and historical state of the “isms” in Vermont as a way of setting the context for the need for ongoing work
- Enhance peer-driven programs and approaches that promote inclusion of all people
- Expand policy initiatives that promote inclusion of all people
Consider contributing to the conference by submitting a proposal for a workshop, table top discussion, or poster.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS – DUE OCTOBER 31, 2018