STEPPING FORWARD TOGETHER 2020:
Creating Solutions that Promote Health Equity
Friday, March 13, 2020
University of Vermont Davis Center in Burlington, Vermont
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2020 VCP conference. The committee is interested in proposals for workshops, panel discussions, table top discussions, and poster presentations that address the following conference goals:
1. Expand participant knowledge and understanding of the impact of racism, sexism, classism, ableism, and cultural blindness upon health equity and cultural competence across our service delivery system
2. Promote innovative practices and approaches that increase the inclusion of all Vermonters in the broader healthcare system
3. Increase participant knowledge of peer-driven programs and approaches that promote inclusion of all people
4. Promote collaboration between community members and organizations to improve health equity and wellness
5. Increase participant knowledge of the intersection between policy initiatives and community practices that promote inclusion and cultural competence
Please complete the application completely by October 31, 2019. Submissions will be reviewed by the conference committee in November with notifications sent to all applicants by December 1, 2019. If selected, each presentation will be offered 2 free registrations for speakers only. Each additional presenter will be offered the early bird rate.
A pdf of the submission form is available below. Please submit your application here.
Registration is open! Please visit our registration site: CLICK HERE!
- Early Bird – September 1, 2019 – December 1, 2019 – $125 per person
- Regular Registration – December 2, 2019 – February 15, 2020 – $150 per person
- Last Minute Registration – February 16, 2020 – March 6, 2020 – $175 per person:
Registration inclues parking, CEU’s, continental breakfast and lunch
Plese check back frequently for an updated agenda:
7:30 – 8:30 – Registration on site
8:30 – 9:30 – Keynote and opening session
9:30 – 12:30 – Morning workshops
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch aned VCP Centers of Excellence Celebration
1:30 – 4:30 – Afternoon Workshops
Learn more about our invited speakers below.
Continuing Education Credits
As with past events, CEU’s are in process for the Allied Health Professions
Parking will be avaialble at parking lots around the University. Permits will be sent the week prior to the event. Carpooling is strongly encouraged! Please plan extra time for parking.
2020 Invited Speakers
We are excited to announce the invited keynote and workshop leaders for this year’s conference
Sydney Hankerson, MD
Co-Director, Columbia University Wellness Center Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Columbia University, Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons Assistant Attending, New York-Presbyterian Hospital Research Scientist, New York State Psychiatric Institute
Vivian H. Jackson, Ph.D., ACSW
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Senior Policy Associate National Center for Cultural Competence Georgetown University Center for Child and Human Development Washington, DC
Maria Mercedes Avila, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Larner College of Medicine, University of Vermont